Light In The Box - Terrible customer service!
Update added by user May 11, 2013
UPDATE 5/11/13. THEY NEVER REFUNDED AS PROMISED! After filing a complaint through Paypal, Lightinthebox offered me 2 choices, 1) I could return for refund, OR 2) keep the item and they would refund 50% of the item's price. I immediately messaged back to refund me. That same day I received this acknowledging message from them: "Thank you for your response. We will then arrange refund of $47.49 for you immediately. It normally takes 3-4 business days for the transaction of the refunded amount. Please kindly check the refund in due course."
ONE WEEK LATER I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY REFUND, ONLY AN EMAIL STATING: AS IT HAS BEEN 7 DAYS AND WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU....WE HAVE CLOSED YOUR TICKET AND CLOSED YOUR CASE!!!!!
I was completely shocked! Luckily, because of the Paypal dispute, a hold had been put on the funds and Paypal was able to refund my money!
I will NEVER do business with Lightinthebox again. Either they are complete idiots or they are deliberate crooks....but most definitely they have the most horrible customer service I have ever encountered. You would be wise to avoid doing business with them.
Original review posted by user Apr 10, 2013
I ordered SHEER curtains from them and requested 4" hanging tabs.On the website it shows lovely transparent hanging tabs of the same fabric.
My curtains arrived with white. opaque linings placed in each tab, rendering a very odd & UGLY end product on a light & airy sheer curtain. I contacted customer service and uploaded pictures of both my curtains and their website advertisement. They responded "Dear CustomerFrom the feedback from our supplier, we may made the curtains as it advertied online."I have now filed a dispute with Paypal which should rule favorable as these were significantly NOT as described.
I posted pictures below so you can decide for yourself.The pictures speak clearly!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I made a purchase on the 4th of june, i only selected items that showed processing time 1-4 business days and after i made the payment it showed an estimated..."
- "1) my package had not been received even though it says 5-8 business day. I filed a dispute with PayPal (good thing I used paypal) and WILL escalate it into..."
- "My first order was a 3 watt LED light. Very slow shipping (1 month). It was supposed to last thousands of hours but it failed after 700 hours. Second order..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Hi I shop at villa in tower city in Cleveland Ohio my name is Cole. I love the shoes and clothes at villa. But this lady Sharon every since she..."
- "Awful company. Ordered 2 swim suits in size XL and checked their sizing chart as indicated along with reviews which promised true to size. I received them very late at..."
- "This is a follow up post to a post on Cleveland Clinic Rudest Billing ever. After many written correspondences with this "business" and after having to threaten them over lack..."