Light In The Box - Terrible customer service!
Update added by user May 11, 2013
UPDATE 5/11/13. THEY NEVER REFUNDED AS PROMISED! After filing a complaint through Paypal, Lightinthebox offered me 2 choices, 1) I could return for refund, OR 2) keep the item and they would refund 50% of the item's price. I immediately messaged back to refund me. That same day I received this acknowledging message from them: "Thank you for your response. We will then arrange refund of $47.49 for you immediately. It normally takes 3-4 business days for the transaction of the refunded amount. Please kindly check the refund in due course."
ONE WEEK LATER I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY REFUND, ONLY AN EMAIL STATING: AS IT HAS BEEN 7 DAYS AND WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU....WE HAVE CLOSED YOUR TICKET AND CLOSED YOUR CASE!!!!!
I was completely shocked! Luckily, because of the Paypal dispute, a hold had been put on the funds and Paypal was able to refund my money!
I will NEVER do business with Lightinthebox again. Either they are complete idiots or they are deliberate crooks....but most definitely they have the most horrible customer service I have ever encountered. You would be wise to avoid doing business with them.
Original review posted by user Apr 10, 2013
I ordered SHEER curtains from them and requested 4" hanging tabs.On the website it shows lovely transparent hanging tabs of the same fabric.
My curtains arrived with white. opaque linings placed in each tab, rendering a very odd & UGLY end product on a light & airy sheer curtain. I contacted customer service and uploaded pictures of both my curtains and their website advertisement. They responded "Dear CustomerFrom the feedback from our supplier, we may made the curtains as it advertied online."I have now filed a dispute with Paypal which should rule favorable as these were significantly NOT as described.
I posted pictures below so you can decide for yourself.The pictures speak clearly!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "July 22, 2015 I ordered for 2 dresses (Order #1507221514042587 ). On the website it showed a nice BLUE dress, so I ordered a Medium size and another red..."
- "I made an order of 270$ After one day, they delete my order without any appreciable reason, and without a way of replying them. And they wrote me "you will get..."
- "I did the live chat pre-order. And the person was very helpful. I asked if I order now feb 4 will I get the item in time for feb 16,..."
- "...My girlfriend went to Walmart and was approached by a direct tv sales person.They fraudulently quoted her one price and got her to sign a two year contract.She started getting..."
- "There are a million fake profiles, and singlesnet is totally dominated by women and men from ghana pretending to be women. It had to be the biggest legal rip-off besides..."
- "I HAVE A COUPON THAT SAYS $4 OFF ANY ORDER OF $20 OR MORE. I PLACED AN ORDER FOR $34 (WITH DELIVERY FEE INCLUDED). I WAS TOLD THAT I AM..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."