Light In The Box - Terrible customer service!
Update added by user May 11, 2013
UPDATE 5/11/13. THEY NEVER REFUNDED AS PROMISED! After filing a complaint through Paypal, Lightinthebox offered me 2 choices, 1) I could return for refund, OR 2) keep the item and they would refund 50% of the item's price. I immediately messaged back to refund me. That same day I received this acknowledging message from them: "Thank you for your response. We will then arrange refund of $47.49 for you immediately. It normally takes 3-4 business days for the transaction of the refunded amount. Please kindly check the refund in due course."
ONE WEEK LATER I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY REFUND, ONLY AN EMAIL STATING: AS IT HAS BEEN 7 DAYS AND WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU....WE HAVE CLOSED YOUR TICKET AND CLOSED YOUR CASE!!!!!
I was completely shocked! Luckily, because of the Paypal dispute, a hold had been put on the funds and Paypal was able to refund my money!
I will NEVER do business with Lightinthebox again. Either they are complete idiots or they are deliberate crooks....but most definitely they have the most horrible customer service I have ever encountered. You would be wise to avoid doing business with them.
Original review posted by user Apr 10, 2013
I ordered SHEER curtains from them and requested 4" hanging tabs.On the website it shows lovely transparent hanging tabs of the same fabric.
My curtains arrived with white. opaque linings placed in each tab, rendering a very odd & UGLY end product on a light & airy sheer curtain. I contacted customer service and uploaded pictures of both my curtains and their website advertisement. They responded "Dear CustomerFrom the feedback from our supplier, we may made the curtains as it advertied online."I have now filed a dispute with Paypal which should rule favorable as these were significantly NOT as described.
I posted pictures below so you can decide for yourself.The pictures speak clearly!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I ordered towel holders and toilet roll holders for my new bathrooms. I awaited delivery as stated but nothing arrived within the stated time period. Then I get an e-mail..."
- "order # 13021507004092669 I returned a pair of shoes that I could not wear because the shoes were extra pointed toes then what the photo had. They were to tight and..."
- "The issue with lightinthebox box was a dress I order I call myself ordering a size larger than what I wear I recieved the dress good Quality but I couldn't..."
- "On Oct. 29, I ate at Bob Evans St. Clairsville. The plate had old dried up food on it and the turkey had a little bitter taste to it. I..."
- "Walmart # 01895 W Market st. Fairlawn Ohio. I checked out at register 16 on Monday, August 18th 2015 at 6:21 PM. I paid for ALL the items listed on..."
- "I sent a package to my son and his girlfriend to Florida from Ohio. When they received it, the box was in such terrible condition that i dont know how..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."