Light In The Box - Sent wrong size dress and jacket
This company makes "knock-offs" of designer gowns, but much cheaper and poor quality.
I ordered a strapless gown with a bolero jacket to wear to my son's wedding. I ordered exactly according to my measurements and sent in my measurements. The dress came. First, the jacket was like it was 2 sizes smaller than the dress - I couldn't even put it on. The dress was not only too small, it had a sharp wire poking out of the top of the bodice that actual cut me on my chest. I laid the dress down and took out a tape measure: the waist was almost 3 inches smaller than it was supposed to be and the bust was as well. I took pictures of this with the measuring tape held up against the dress jacket, etc. and contact them explaining the difference between what I had order and what I had received. I also took a close up picture of where the wire was sticking out.
I finally heard back, but the attitude of the letter was not apologetic, it was more like "If you want to ship it back (at your cost - which would have been about $50) we'll look at it, but we do not guarantee we will refund it and we will not ship it back to you." I could tell by the wording of the letter they would not do anything and I would just be out another $50 and they would have the dress back to sell to some other unsuspecting customer.
I tried to see if a seamstress could fix it, but she said she couldn't because she would have to take it apart and there was not enough fabric to let it out. I had spend about $275 already.
By then it was getting close to my son's wedding (and we were traveling from the states to Japan for it because he lives there), so I had to scramble, in tears, to every dress place until I finally found one - another $500. At least this dress was beautiful and made by an eel known American gown company.
I will never buy anything from this company again and would warn others not to as well. They have worst customer service and I do not think they are very ethical because this dress was so way off in the measurements, and the bolero was not even the size of the dress, that they just packed up something and shipped it with no thought to actually fulfilling the order properly. I do not trust them at all and since they are in China, there was no recourse for any customer service advocacy. Worst shopping experience...just horrible people with a terrible "attitude."
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Horrible customer service
- Did not send correct merchandise
- Product or service
- Wrong Size Dress
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "The issue with lightinthebox box was a dress I order I call myself ordering a size larger than what I wear I recieved the dress good Quality but I couldn't..."
- "I made an order of 270$ After one day, they delete my order without any appreciable reason, and without a way of replying them. And they wrote me "you will get..."
- "July 22, 2015 I ordered for 2 dresses (Order #1507221514042587 ). On the website it showed a nice BLUE dress, so I ordered a Medium size and another red..."
- "I live in MT and AZ I purchased my truck in Idaho and drove it to Montana to title my truck I was the first owner of my truck and..."
- "Take a look. This is what you get 2 days late, crappy mums for lilies, wilted roses, cheap filler stick in a vase of dirty water ..."
- "In Feb 2014, we purchased a sectional from Living Spaces. We like the sectional, but a one of the pieces (sections) came damaged- actually the section that came damaged..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."