Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, I placed an order for these shoes on the 4th June 18, I paid for postage and it said the item will be with me within 6-11 business days which was perfect as I needed them for a day at Ascot on the 22nd June.

The item was shipped on the 6th June FROM CHINA so should have been with me by the 21st June latest. The item is tracked and I could see it landed at Gatwick Airport on the 14th June which was great because theres a week for them to get to me in London from Gatwick which is a 2 hour drive, what could possibly go wrong?!!

So the 21st June came and no delivery, I emailed their customer service and said why has my package been at Gatwick airport for a week and why has it not been delivered, their response was packages can get delayed due to weather and unexpected circumstances, we have had a heat wave so cant be the weather and what else could possibly delay the package for a week to do a 2 hour drive from Gatwick to my delivery address?

I asked for a refund as I had no use for the item at all now as it was for an event on the 22nd June, they said they can offer me 50% off postage charge on my next order I make with them, jokers or what, I will certainly not be ordering off them again so this is no use to me either. They also said my package should be with me in the next 3-7 business days, thats over 4 weeks from when I ordered. Not mention why has it been at Gatwick airport since the 14th June and not moved anyway and why is it going to take a further 7 business days to be delivered, they had no answer to this and fobbed me off, ignored the fact I have no use for the item anymore either.

So everything has now become evident, on the 25th June I get a card from Royal Mail to say Unfortunately we cant deliver your item because there is a fee to pay basically this company has shipped the item from China, I have paid them postage but they have not paid enough postage for it to be delivered, the post office are now asking for a further £12.05 for me to get the item!!

Clearly I am not paying this, I have no use for the item now as it was so delayed due to them not paying enough postage and I have asked for a full refund and they can deal with the post office to get their item back, lets see what they come back with now.

Also I had to buy another pair of shoes for my day at Ascot so out of pocket at the moment unless they refund me.

Light in The Box came back to me again from my complaint of these extra hidden charges and they are now saying the fee is for duty tax, this is not the case as the Post Office have confirmed it was due to not enough postage being paid, therefore, again trying to not take responsibility and fobbing me off.

Even if it was a duty fee there is nowhere in the point of sale on their website to say there will be additional fees to pay for duty cost in this case an extra 57% of the item value, therefore, this is miss leading and false advertising.

I will be going to the ASA and trading standards about this false advertising so other people do not get misled and have extra fees to pay that they are not expecting. Either they will have to change their website at the point of sale to say people can expect to pay an additional 60-100% in duty fees and make this very obvious at the point of sale or their adverts will be taken down from Google and Google Shopping with the ASA's enforcement.

I URGE YOU NOT TO ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, you will not get your items in time, in my case you will not get the items at all and they will not take any responsibility in there misleading advertising and you will be hot with heavy duty fees and at a time when you probably don't need the item anymore as it takes over a month for them to be delivered.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 27.

Comments